I got some things done today that I'd been putting off for quite some time.
-Mowed the yard (11 days overdue). Good thing it's been cool or it woulda been completely outta control. As it was, I felt like I was making hay....make one loop, empty the bag, make another loop, empty the bag, and so on.
-Set the garage door code (6 months overdue). Our door opener broke in the middle of winter, and I wasn't here when the dude replaced it so he just left me instructions for setting the code on the outside keypad. It takes two people and a ladder, so it was just one of those things that isn't on the top of the list until a person locks themself out of their house. Luckily we never did, but with a 2 year old running the garage door up and down like a giant pendulum it's amazing we didn't. Hey Bad Guys - click here for the code.
-Went for a run (2 years overdue). Still as dumb as I remember.
-Got my Hunters Education Card (13 years overdue). To shoot at a ground squirrel in the State of Idaho, you must have a valid hunting license. To get a license, you have to present a Hunters Education Card if you were born after 1975. In addition, you can't represent yourself in the Canyon County Courthouse if you're only 17 years old. So in 1991, I did (shoot a pile of squirrels), didn't (have a license), and couldn't (appear in court). So I had to tell my dad....luckily he thought it was a stupid as well and bailed me out with a $100 check to Canyon County for 'Eradication Services'.
Anyway, to make a long story short, I haven't been able to buy a license because I never took Hunters Ed. Joel is coming in a couple of weeks and he heard there was an excess of varmits that needed eradicatin' so I figured I'd better saddle up and get it out of the way. I had to take an on-line study course first, which looked pretty hard right up until I discovered I could open the web site in one window and the test in another. Things got a lot quicker after that. Then on Saturday I had to go to a field day that combined more classroom with a Field Exercise (walk around in the sage brush with a dummy gun and try not to point it at anybody even though it's just a piece of wood and PVC pipe) and a Firing Range Exercise and then a final test. They didn't mention how to deal with this. Was actually pretty informative and I would recommend it for anyone that is new to hunting and doesn't have a good mentor.
All right gotta go.